March 2013

We’re headed back to New Orleans! Moscow 57 will be popping up again in New Orleans on March 8th, 9th, and 10th.

Check out our Menu!

Guest Headliner Kayte Grace performing with Ellen Kaye and Ethan Feinplus other guest artists

kayteellen

emilieart

Featured Visual Artist Emilie Rhys

emiliewithart

 With Guest Visual Artists

Leah McCloskey, Yuka Imata, Dan Root & Rina Root,

Philippe Bocquet, Anne Delaney, Evgenia Fisher,

Leslie Thresher, Sona Yeghiazaryan

and Guest Author Elsa Hahne

gravy

CCFM_logo

The Crescent City Farmers Market is the thrice-weekly public face of Market Umbrella, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nongovernmental organization who’s mission to cultivate the field of public markets for public good.  The Crescent City Farmers Markets are year-round, rain or shine, producer-only and serve multiple New Orleans neighborhoods.  Through a variety of projects, such as the Marketeers Club, Meet Me at the Market, Farmers Market Bingo, Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP), and Market Match, the Crescent City Farmers Market works to make sure all New Orleanians, from kids to seniors, have access to fresh, local foods.

CafeHope

At Café Hope, all food is slow-food, local, and sustainable, from the vegetables grown in South Louisiana, to the seafood and meat from the Gulf and surrounding areas. Because only local and seasonal ingredients are used, the menu changes daily to reflect what is fresh and in season! At Cafe Hope, you can relax and enjoy your dining experience while supporting the community!

Slow Food

Slow Food New Orleans supports the philosophy of Slow Food International that everyone has a fundamental right to the pleasure of good food and consequently the responsibility to protect the heritage of food, tradition and culture that make this pleasure possible. The food traditions of New Orleans are inseparably bound to its musical heritage, which combine to create a lush and internationally renowned culture. Food fuels the heart while music feeds the soul of a city and region where cultural influences from around the world simmer in a pot of gumbo that in turn feeds cultures of the world.
The mission of Slow Food New Orleans is to foster the Slow Food International mission of promoting Good, Clean and Fair food for all.
GOOD a fresh and flavorsome seasonal diet that satisfies the senses and is part of our local culture;
CLEAN food production and consumption that does not harm the environment, animal welfare or our health;
FAIR accessible prices for consumers and fair conditions and pay for small-scale producers.
grow dat
The Grow Dat Youth Farm’s mission is to nurture a diverse group of young leaders through the meaningful work of growing food. On our farm we work collaboratively to produce healthy food for local residents and to inspire youth and adults to create personal, social and environmental change in their own communities. Grow Dat is a place where people from different backgrounds and disciplines come together in research and practice to support public health, local economies, and a sustainable food system in South Louisiana.
Located on a four acre site in City Park, youth are hired to grow food for their community, 60% of which they sell and the other 40% which they share with residents who can’t find or afford fresh local produce. In 2012, 20 youth graduated from the five month leadership development program during which time they harvested 7,250 pounds of food. In 2013, 25 youth will grow 9,000 pounds of food.

ladivina

La Divina Gelateria

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s